Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I want to help but I don't have the money....

Imagine, you are a young boy or girl, you have a sponsor somewhere across the world. It's mail day today and you are sooo excited! You have never gotten a letter from your sponsor before, but you feel like today is the day your letter will come. You have written many letters but never gotten one back. You fly through the day all excited! The time has arrived... you sit waiting for your name to be called. You are getting worried because there's only 5 letters left and your name hasn't been called yet. 4 letters left now. 3, 2, 1. Your name wasn't called. Everyone got a letter except you and three other kids. You wonder does my sponsor love me? Does He care? He must not think I'm worth writing to. So you do the unthinkable.. you quit the program! You are tired of feeling unloved or worthless. Want to know something sad? That story is very true for many kids. They may not all drop out, but they feel like they aren't even important enough for you to send a quick note. I know you get busy, but your letters mean more to these kids than you could possibly know! You don't have the money to sponsor? That's ok because this is 100% FREE! It costs you nothing but your time. If you are willing to become a child correspondent, you will receive a child who has a sponsor, but their sponsor doesn't write to them. All you HAVE to do is write the child three letters a year. In return, you will receive the child's information, letters from that child, pictures, and you will make a huge impact on that child's life! I said you only have to write 3 times a year, but it would be nice to write more. I sometimes write once a day, but I usually try to write once a week. I know time doesn't let that happen for most of you, but you can never send too many letters! I just got a letter from my 8 year old Haitian boy "Emerson" He told me that he wants to be a police officer when he grows up. He drew me a very cute picture! I also correspond to Juma, Olivier, Stessie, and Uwantege. Counting my girls that's a total of 8. They are ALL my brothers and sisters. Sure we aren't blood related, but what does that matter? If you want to make a difference in a child's life, but don't have the money to sponsor, I really think that you should do this. It's amazing! These kids are my friends, my family. Not good at writing letters? It doesn't matter! Compassion gives great letter writing tips online! You don't have to be good to make a child feel loved. Seriously, I am not very good sometimes, and sometimes I have no idea what to say! But even just a quick note saying you are praying for them and you love them can change their lives. If you would like some tips or have questions, feel free to comment. Have a great day! God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment