Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Journey begins

My name is Anna. I am a normal 15 year old teen with not so normal dreams. So for a while I had wanted to sponsor a child. Truth is, I was selfish. Plain and simple. My reasons for not sponsoring included: that's a lot of money, and I don't have a lot of money. I have things I need to buy. If it's something you want, you find the money to buy it. Ok I understand there's a lot of people who really don't have the money to sponsor, and that's ok. I'm just talking to myself. Lol so I was scrolling through my facebook and saw that my friend Rebekah had sponsored another child through compassion international. I hadn't been thinking of sponsoring for a while, but when I saw her post I decided that I was the most selfish person alive. I didn't care what I needed to do, I AM going to sponsor a child. Here's a little side note to current sponsors, I really advise you to post on facebook, twitter, Instagram, where ever about your sponsor child. Tell your friends! If it wasn't for Rebekah I wouldn't be where I'm at today. So I got on compassion international and searched kids from India. I have an extreme love for Indian people, so I decided to sponsor kids from India. I was looking through their pictures and saw all of their little faces. I prayed for God to show me the right one. I came to little Sabitha (Sà-bee-ta) I was in love with her, but needed to be sure. I scrolled passed to maybe  3 other kids,  and knew I had to sponsor her. I went to sponsor her and it said she was taken. I was CRUSHED!!! I felt for sure at that point she was the girl I was supposed to sponsor, at that point. I prayed for God's will to be done. The next morning I got up,  and found that she hadn't been sponsored! The person must have changed their mind. I loved her soo much! I was so happy. It was one of the best choices ever! I loved sponsoring soo much that I decided to try to find sponsors for other kids. I got the impression that most people didn't care, but I still tried. Well, scrolling through kids to post to find sponsors, I saw sweet little varsha sree (varshà shree)  I fell in love and wanted to sponsor her soooo bad! I didn't have the money though. I saw a post that said God's will God's bill. I saw her a few days later and said ok God I'll do this but I need two more yards to clean so I can have the money. God made that little girl stay on my mind the whole morning. She's like almost the only thing I thought about. So I said ok God I'll trust you! My little 5 year old Indian princess is the joy of my life ❤️ A few weeks later I was seeing that because of me these two girls had a chance at life. They could break free of poverty because of ME. I counted up all the money I had and saw I could support another child through the winter. So I got little Akshitha. My 3 year old rose bud. She is a beautiful little Indian girl ❤️ Sure I have had to give up some things, but I would give up everything for these girls! They are my little sisters ❤️ People say "Anna you are so great for what you do!" But guess what, I'm not! I'm obeying Jesus. He said to care for the least of these, so that's what I'm doing. I can't explain it, but I'm getting as much out of it as they are. Sure they are getting medical help, food, etc. but I'm getting to watch these girls grow up, get their letters, know that dear Sabitha is praying for me. You will NEVER understand how amazing sponsoring is, unless you do it. Remember, you can usually find money for what you want. Things don't last, people do. Follow me on my journey through child sponsorship. I'd love to hear your stories!

2 comments:

  1. Aw. I'm so proud of you for obeying Jesus, and I love your heart for children in poverty. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete