Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanks Giving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Ever since I started sponsoring I got a huge look into what poverty is. I have a whole different view of life now. At the store I think do I HAVE to have this? I could feed this many kids instead. My friends all think I'm nuts ;) But seriously,  I do have a whole new outlook on life. This year I am much more thankful than before. I think of little Varsha, she is living in a small tent in the slums of India. She is extremely poor. If you are blessed enough to get jobs in her village, then you make around $8 a month. I started sponsoring her when she was 4, and at the time she had to clean, run errands, and take care of kids (probably her brother) She is beautiful and perfect in my eyes. She does have 6 toes, so I'm sure she may get looked down on by many people, but she is perfect to me. Then I think of dear Sabitha. She was 10 when I started sponsoring her. Her mother, up until recently, was deaf since birth. Imagine being a young girl with many struggles already, then having a mom who can't hear. Sure you can sign to her, but it's not the same. Then I think of my 2-3 kiddos who are fatherless. They are in extreme poverty, plus they have no dad. Their burden must be a lot heavier. I think of all of the people all over who have to walk miles for water. Dirty water that could kill them. I think of all of the people who have died just while I write this, just because they don't have enough food. I think of the people who can't even afford to have clothes, let alone food. I think of the girls who are forced into marriage at a young age, even as young as one year old, to either someone their age or someone 5 times their age. Why? because of poverty. Why? Because of a lack of education. Do you know how many people would give all they had to have the education of my youngest brother Levi? Up until I started sponsoring I hated school. I didn't care about my grades, as long as I passed. I think of the people in America who struggle too. Of the hurting people all around us. I have a MUCH different outlook on life now. So to sum it all up, I am thankful for my life. I'm thankful for everything, even the little things. I'm thankful for everything I take for granted, even something as simple as a spoon. I NEVER want to be unthankful about ANYTHING again. May God bless everyone this Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment